inferno, a full-service advertising, public relations, design and digital marketing firm, has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior PR Account Executive.
The senior PR account executive (SPRAE) is responsible for managing several client relationships and managing the execution of public relations tactics, all while ensuring that intended outcomes are met. The SPRAE is responsible for developing and executing strategic plans and messaging for several clients, while also providing support and oversight to junior staff and intervention for problem solving and crisis management. Emphasis is placed on growing independent work, with an added focus on project management, client and media relations, social media and content marketing, among other skills. The SPRAE also supports and works with the PR team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns throughout the agency.
The SPRAE will demonstrate superior time management skills, minimal supervision, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks on an ongoing basis. He or she will have a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal and communications skills. The SPRAE will be a self-starter who learns quickly and thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
The senior PR account executive reports to the Director of Public Relations.
- Work both independently and with the Director of Public Relations to develop integrated, strategic public relations plans.
- Manage specific client projects with complete autonomy.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and ability to solve problems, delegating work appropriately across the team, when appropriate.
- Mentor and cultivate junior team members.
- Exhibit competency in drafting copy for client communication materials and internal correspondence (e.g., event announcements, press releases, fact sheets, press kits, social media content, blog copy, emails, etc.) effectively and with limited supervision, using AP Style and maintaining clients’ brand standards.
- Expand business opportunities with existing clients.
- Work with team to conduct and obtain research of any and all aspects of a client’s business, as required in strategic planning.
- Represent agency at industry functions and promote the agency at every opportunity.
- Effectively pitch and secure meetings/interviews with media, or other stakeholders, for clients.
- Establish successful, productive relationships with client and media contacts.
- Successfully plan and execute client activities such as media tours, receptions, educational seminars, VIP luncheons, trade shows and other special events.
- Monitor client-related media for trend/marketing/story/lead opportunities, proactively identify story ideas and work with supervisor to develop.
- Effectively place client messages and spokespeople in target media outlets.
- Contribute to and develop public relations strategies, social media and marketing plans, and implement them with confidence. This includes staying current with industry trends and news, and regularly sharing those with the team and your clients.
- Work with PR team to expand current media lists, update contacts on a regular basis and create new lists based on new clients and markets.
- Establish detailed project schedules and timelines, as well as open new jobs.
- Work with management to initiate project billing, develop billing reports and be responsible for budget/time management on assigned projects.
- Assist with training and providing guidance to junior team members and interns.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field.
- 4-6 years’ experience in public relations or social media marketing with 4 years prior direct PR agency experience or acting as the point person for clients on marketing/PR projects.
- Detail-oriented problem-solver who values strategic communication, thrives on being challenged and welcomes the ability to manage both short- and long-term projects.
- Adept in AP Style writing for press releases.
- Strong creative writing skills to align with increasing content marketing/owned media requirements.
- Clear understanding and demonstrated knowledge of the ever-evolving social media landscape, including reporting tools.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of billing and budgets
- Familiarity with a PR database, such as Cision or Meltwater, and CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress or Squarespace).
- Experience with Workamajig.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Apple software.
What you can expect from us
- A fast-paced and rewarding experience, working alongside a great group of motivated professionals.
- Awesome Downtown Memphis location with paid parking.
- Paid vacation and personal/sick time off after your six-month probationary period.
- Paid holidays.
- An additional week of paid leave to support a cause you are passionate about through our Fuelanthropic
- Medical, dental, vision and other insurance with a portion paid by the agency.
- 401(k), with company matching.