inferno, a full-service advertising, public relations, design and digital marketing firm, has an immediate opening for a full-time Account Executive.
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The AE interfaces with the various departments of the agency to move things through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative team, media planner, public relations department, interactive team and production manager regarding project work and strategic client planning.
Account Executives have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the AE is responsible for carrying the plan out on a daily basis.
Account Executives are also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. Account Executives are not salespeople; they are service personnel. Account Executives will not be asked to cold canvas for new business. This takes valuable time from servicing their present accounts.
- Serve as the primary contact to multiple clients, understand the client needs, and
translate those needs to the appropriate department within the agency.
- Meet regularly with production manager, creative director, traffic manager, media
planner, public relations, and interactive staff to coordinate agency efforts on
behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Effectively present, sell, and defend all agency work/proposals to clients; support
other client service team members in these functions.
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands, products, services, and
- Assist in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing, media, and public
- Regularly check for and respond promptly to all client communications, including
calls and emails.
- Coordinate with interactive and creative teams to ensure traditional/interactive
synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Check and approve creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production
art, and coordinate client approval of same.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Other duties maybe assigned.
- BS/BA degree
- 3-5 years marketing or relevant experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, execution,
and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, creative, and results-oriented
- Strong knowledge of billing and budgets
- Experience with Workamajig
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Apple software
What you can expect from us
- A fast-paced and rewarding experience, working alongside a great group of motivated professionals.
- Awesome Downtown Memphis location with paid parking.
- Paid vacation after your 6-month probationary period
- Paid holidays
- An additional week of paid leave to support a cause you are passionate about
through our Fuelanthropic initiative
- Health insurance plan
- 401(k), with company matching.