The PR Account Executive supports the public relations department, managing multiple client relationships, projects and events. Emphasis is placed on growing independent work with a focus on project management, client and media relations, social media, and content marketing, among other skills. The PR Account Executive also works with the PR team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns throughout the agency. The PR Account Executive reports directly to the PR Manager.
The PR Account Executive will demonstrate superior organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks on an ongoing basis. He or she will have a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal and communications skills. The PR Account Executive will be a self-starter who learns quickly and thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
- Work both independently and with the PR Manager to develop integrated, strategic PR plans.
- Exhibit competency in drafting copy for client communication materials and internal correspondence (e.g., event announcements, press releases, fact sheets, press kits, social media content, blog copy, emails, etc.) effectively and with limited supervision, using AP Style and maintaining clients’ brand standards.
- Work with account coordinators to conduct and obtain research of any and all aspects of a client’s business, as required in strategic planning.
- Effectively pitch and secure meetings/interviews with media, or other stakeholders, for clients.
- Successfully plan and execute client activities such as media tours, receptions, educational seminars, VIP luncheons, trade shows and other special events.
- Monitor client-related media for trend/marketing/story/lead opportunities, proactively identify story ideas and work with supervisor to develop.
- Effectively place client messages and spokespeople in target media outlets.
- As it relates to social media, regularly suggest ideas, develop content calendars, manage the planning, and comfortably execute campaigns on behalf of clients.
- Work with PR team to expand current media lists, update contacts on a regular basis and create new lists based on new clients and markets.
- Establish detailed project schedules and timelines, as well as open new jobs.
- Work with management to initiate project billing, develop billing reports and be responsible for budget/time management on assigned projects.
- Assist in oversight of interns, when applicable.
- Other duties as directed by the PR Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in public relations or social media marketing with at least 2 years being direct PR agency experience.
- Experience acting as the point person for clients on marketing/PR projects.
- Demonstrated PR and strategic planning skills.
- Adept in AP Style writing for press releases.
- Strong creative writing skills to align with increasing content marketing/owned media requirements.
- Clear understanding and demonstrated knowledge of the ever-evolving social media landscape, including reporting tools.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with a PR database, such as Cision.
- Strong knowledge of billing and budgets.
- Experience with Workamajig.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Apple software.
What you can expect from us
- A fast-paced and rewarding experience, working alongside a great group of motivated professionals.
- Awesome Downtown Memphis location with paid parking.
- Paid vacation and personal/sick time off after your six-month probationary period.
- Paid holidays.
- An additional week of paid leave to support a cause you are passionate about through our Fuelanthropic initiative.
- Medical, dental, vision and other insurance with a portion paid by the company.
- 401(k), with company matching up to a certain percentage.
- Subsidized lunch program.