The account executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces with the various departments of the agency to move things through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media planner concerning media issues, the public relations manager concerning publicity, the interactive manager concerning interactive projects and online media, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
Account executives have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying the plan out on a daily basis.
Account executives are also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. Account executives are not salespeople. They are service personnel. Account executives should not be asked to cold canvas for new business. This takes valuable time from servicing their present accounts.
Reports to the account manager/director of account management.
In 2015, we were named a Top Workplace by The Commercial Appeal and recognized as a Memphis Business Journal Best Places to Work. Working at inferno is about doing great work and doing good. We believe in giving back to the community through our Fuelanthropic initiative. We provide opportunities and encourage our team members to get involved and do something meaningful. In our 17 years, we have donated more than 12,500 hours to local efforts to improve our hometown.
HERE IS WHAT WE EXPECT IF INFERNO IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU:
- Meet regularly with production manager, creative director, traffic manager, media planner, public relations, and interactive staff to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Receive client briefings. Fill out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distribute to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relay Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively present, sell, and defend all agency work/proposals to clients; support other client service team members in these functions.
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands, products, services, and marketing developments.
- Assist in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing, media, and public relations planning.
- Regularly check for and respond promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Coordinate with interactive and creative teams to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Check and approve creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- BS/BA degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- 3-5 years marketing agency experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, execution, and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, creative, and results-oriented
AND WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A fast-paced and rewarding experience, working alongside a great group of motivated professionals
- Awesome Downtown Memphis location with paid parking
- Paid vacation after your 6-month probationary period
- Paid holidays
- An additional week of paid leave to support a cause you are passionate about through our Fuelanthropic initiative
- Health insurance plan.
- Subsidized lunch program